top of page

Nanson Store

Moved from the small town of Nanson, this store was originally called and known as the the Johnson General Store. While in operation, the store sold everything from groceries, to clothing, shoes, farm supplies and day to day household supplies. The coffee was always on and there was always good company and conversations to be had.


It was established by Linus Johnson in 1905 and was also home to the Nanson Post Office. In 1944, Linus sold the store to Helmer and Lenny Johnson and it sold again to Henry Johnson in 1951. In 1989, Henry Johnson donated the store to Dale & Martha Hawk Museum.

In 2017, the Johnson General Store received a complete face-lift by Jean Tuomala and numerous volunteers and sits here at the museum for all of us to still enjoy today!

bottom of page